It’s the most festive time of the year! Find incredibly wonderful things to do in Gauteng with your family, in all weather conditions, all year round! In the palm of your hands, here goes:
Gauteng’s Top 75! Places to go
Make everyday awesome! Visit the Jozikids website for even more places to go and things to do in Gauteng with your family.
- Acrobranch Zip line in the city!
- Adventure Golf Relaxed fun for everyone
- Adventures with Elephants way more than the usual touch and feed elephant experience.
- Air360 Wheelsports facility and party venue for scooters, skateboards and bikes.
- AJ’s in the Park awesome kid friendly restaurant
- Albatross Cafe at the Range A friendly golf experience for both beginners to professionals
- Artjamming fun arts and crafts venue
- Ashers Farm Sanctuary Farm parties, day trips and educational tours for kids
- Birha Orchards farm, picnic spot, farmers market and more
- Bounce Inc fabulous indoor trampoline parks
- Bryanston Market voted Jozi’s best market
- Build-A-Bear Workshop Bring your ideal stuffed companion to life
- Cappadocia Play Cafe unique family restaurant with impeccable playgrounds
- Cedar Junction Family Resort Water and train theme park
- Centurion Society of Model Engineers Picnic spot, model and miniature trains, train rides
- Chameleon Village reptile park, markets, playgrounds
- Crazykidz Farmyard Farmyard venue for day outings
- Croc City Crocodile and Reptile Park Zipline over crocodiles!
- Dairy Hub wide range of First Choice products
- Dimples Cafe family restaurant, live music, golf theme park, massive play area
- The Donkey Dairy Unique donkey interactions and dairy
- Flavours at la Vue family style bistro in the countryside
- Fountains Valley Resort Swimming pool; bike trails
- Happy Town Miniature play town and cafe – pretend play at its best!
- Harties Scootours Monster rides in Magalies for all ages
- HartRAO – only major radio astronomy observatory in Africa.
- Hennopspride Lifestyle Resort water park for the whole family
- Hillbilly Party Venue Picnic spot; splash pad; fun park
- Honeydew Amazing Mazes A timeless family adventure
- Horse Riding
- Johannesburg Zoo The wild is closer than you think!
- Joburg Theatre thetare productions through the year. A must!
- Jozi X Action park for a family adventure
- Jozikart Adrenalin pumping indoor go-karting venue in Cresta.
- Kiddilicious on Nicol family cafe’ country-style play area, party venue, craft workshops etc
- Kids World & Waterpark day trips and markets
- Kidz Fun House indoor playground and party venue
- Klipriviersberg Nature Reserve beautiful walks and hikes
- Kloofendal Nature Reserve walking trails, guided tours, bird hide, geological site, picnic
- Lory Park Zoo is a privately run zoo and animal sanctuary in Midrand.
- Lucky Fish Cafe child and pet friendly restaurant in Fourways
- Magalies Canopy Tour thrilling adventure in the mountains
- Maropeng Cradle of Humankind Visitor Centre
- Mini Buttons beautiful indoor role-play centre
- munch Eatery Upmarket casual family restaurant with playgrounds
- Mziki Safari Lodge family friendly destination with 3 of the big 5 and fishing
- National Children’s Theatre various shows through the year
- Origins Centre explore archaeology at Wits
- People’s Theatre various shows through the year
- Pines Resort waterpark and family day trip
- The Playhouse Premier indoor play centre
- Play Haven Indoor and outdoor play centre and kiddies party venue
- Rietvlei Nature Reserve game viewing, fishing, hiking, picnic & more
- Riversands Farm Village outdoor family entertainment with party venue
- Roller Skate Arenas largest roller skating rink in Jhb
- Roodepoort Theatre children’s theatre productions
- Rope Adventure Park Rope adventures in Pines Resort
- SAA Museum everything about aircrafts
- Saddle Creek Adventures horse riding; go-karting; archery; hot air balloon; more
- Sci-Bono Discovery Centre a world of wonder for everyone
- Shepherds Fold Stables beautiful trail rides and pony camps
- Smuts House Museum with family friendly restaurant, nature walks and caravan park
- Soweto Theatre shows, performing arts, live music
- South African State Theatre World-class shows incl opera, ballet, cabaret and children’s theatre.
- Spur Steak Ranches family friendly restaurants nationwide
- Sundowner Fly Fishing Adventures Picnic spot, restaurant, accommodation
- Sun Valley Stables Shows, pony camps, fun days and outrides.
- Swartkrans Go-karts Go-Karting, tarred monster track, birthday parties, picnics, swimming
- The Secret Tea Garden Beautiful outdoor tea garden with function venue & kiddies entertainment
- The Ski Deck Bumboarding family fun
- The Slope at Cedar Square Indoor, outdoor ski-tubing adventure
- Thulani Fishing and Leisure Resort Picnic spot with restaurant
- Tres Jolie family friendly restaurant with petting zoo & pony rides
- Urban Airsoft The real call of duty – day outing and parties
- Walter Sisulu Botanical Gardens family picnic, hikes, waterfall, coffee shop
- Wild Cave Adventures abseiling and more in the Cradle
- Waterparks and Pools
- Zwartkops Quadbike Centre exhilirating outdoor fun for 4-99yrs with party venue
- Pretoria ZOO: largest and best in Africa!
** please contact the venues directly to check opening times especially over holiday periods and public holidays.
If you have what it takes to make it to the top 100 things to do in Gauteng, contact Jozikids today!