Open Seven days a week: 10am to 4.30pm
Open 365 days a year as well as ALL PUBLIC HOLIDAYS throughout the year.
Adult entrance - R110
Guided adult fee – R115
Children under 12yrs – R80
Children under 2yrs are FREE
Guided children fee - R85
Pensioners – R50
Guided School tours including contact animal experience - R200p/p
Adults - R115 (For every 25th learner a adult may enter for free)
Children – R85
Tea Garden- R250
Small Lapa- R500
Big lapa – R1500
Covid-19 visits & rules
- To make sure you are safe at all times Lory Park will be following all government regulations.
- Please make sure if you are 4 years and up, you are wearing your masks.
- We will be limited to 50 people at a time in the zoo, please be patient as there may be a waiting time.
- We will not be running any animal encounters at the current moment to limit contact with our keepers and our animals.
- We have a tea garden available that sells beverages, something to eat and drinks for the adults, or you can bring a picnic basket, we have a braai area which is on a first come first serve basis.
Please remember no alcohol to be brought in, no gazebo's or music allowed.
Weekend Program & Public Holidays:
Flying owls - 11am and 2pm - Free activity
Reptile Encounter -11am - 3pm- Free activity
Enrichment talk for big cats - 12pm- Free activity
Big Cat Feed - 3pm- Free activity (except Mondays is a starve day)
Rabbit petting only at R10 each
Lory Park Zoo- great day trip
Educate, experience, enjoy!
If you have ever wondered what it might be like to have your own private zoo, then visit Lory Park in Midrand, a haven nestled between Johannesburg and Pretoria.
It began as an avian education centre started by Eddy Van Eck. Lory Park differs from conventional zoos because it strives to provide visitors with safe hands on encounters,
as part of its conservation endeavours. Lory Park has since expanded to cater for an assortment of exotic and indigenous mammals, reptiles and birds.
The zoo participates in several CITES 1 breeding programs. The Ocelot, Siberian Tiger and Southern ground hornbill are just some of the critically endangered birds and mammals
who call Lory Park their home.
A personal approach to zoo keeping make Lory Park a terrific place for a family outing. Children and adults alike, will especially enjoy socialising with the birds in the tea garden or playtime with our cubs when available.
During school holidays children are welcome to attend ranger days where they are able to learn about and participate in wildlife care.
Ranger days: R160pp includes lunch from 8:00 to 16:00. Tuesday to Thursday.
Community Service: R120pp from 7:30 to 16:00 Tuesday to Friday.
We have 4 different types of venues for occasions, all includes chairs, tables and table cloths. Special requirements can also be made upon request.
1. Big Lapa- R1000 for the day. seats 30 -100 people.
2. Small Lapa- R500 for the day. seats 20-30 people.
3. Tea Garden- R 250 seats 10-20 people
4. Braai/Picnic area- First come first serve. No charge.
Please abide by our review guidelines to prevent abuse in a public forum.
Provide us with valid contact information (including a contact number). If we cannot verify your details we can prevent publication of your rating/review.
Your personal details will not be displayed.
"The content of this page in so far as the marketing of goods/services is concerned, is the property of the company itself and Jozikids cannot be held responsible for the accuracy, validity or legality of the content therefore."