Kwikkie Crescent Centurion Pretoria / Tshwane View on Google Maps
Closed Christmas & New Year
Parties and school outings to the RSME can be booked on other days with prior arrangement.
Entrance ticket entitles you to a train ride.
Subsequent train rides are available at the kiosk at R15 p/ride
Picnic area with miniature trains
Back in January 1961 some like minded gentlemen formed a club called “Pretoria Live steam Club/Pretoria stoomtrekkragklub” which operated from their garages, building trains.
Many years later i.e. 1985 it was announced that a site was made available by the then, Verwoerdburg Municipality for the enthusiasts to exercise their hobby and attracting public interest.
The club announced it's official opening as "Meerpark" on 12 June 1993. The club now known as Centurion Society of Model Engineers boasts an attractive site with a track of just under 2Km where trains trail through a beautiful landscape including tunnels, bridges and over lakes.
Additional information about opening times
Open only on Sundays from 9am-4pm.
We occasionally open to the public on other days if we have special events or selected Public Holidays. These will be advertised on our Facebook page. So keep a check!
Kiddies old and young just love the surrounds and open space for the enjoyment of birthday parties etc. not to mention the train rides along our beautiful track of just under 2 kilometers long!
Parties can be booked with Johan at our premises or booked telephonically on 064-520-8572 during office hours. Please ensure that we have your telephone number!
There is a tuck shop available for cold drinks, sweets, fire-lighters, matches, club caps, club mugs, club badges etc.
Charcoal is normally on sale for the braaiers.
Currently no deals.
Centurion Society of Model Engineers
- Friday 15 December, the new public holiday. We will be open to the public.
- Saturday 16 December, we will be closed to the public for our members' end of year function.
- Sunday 17 December. We will be open to the public. Please note that this will be our last public open day for 2023.
- We will re-open to the public on Sunday 7 January 2024.
- Please note that no bookings are taken for Sundays. Picnic spots are available on a first come first served basis.
- Since this is a public park, NO Alcohol is allowed to be brought onto or consumed in the park.
- The kiosk sells cold drinks, bottled water, sweets, chips and ice creams.
- In addition, there are normally two food kiosks selling pancakes, hamburgers, hot dogs, boerewors rolls etc
Meerpark Station, 999 Kwikkie Crescent
Your entrance ticket entitles you to a train ride. Subsequent train rides are available at the kiosk and have been reduced to R10 per ride.
Currently no competitions.