Send us an e-mail
Visit our web site
||Jan Smuts Ave
Saxonwold Randburg Johannesburg
||The Zoo is open every day from 8:30 – 17:30, with last entry at 16:00
OPEN ON PUBLIC HOLIDAYS
||Entrance fee: Children (3 -12 years): R65
Entrance Fee: Pensioners: R65
Entrance Fee: Adults: R110
Entrance Fee: Students (Student card required): R65
School Groups (Monday - Wednesday)Includes Teachers: *R24
Welfare Groups (weekdays): *R45
Joburg Zoo is happy to welcome you back.
In an effort to keep you and our animals safe, here are a few things to consider:
- Face masks to be worn at all times.
- Please bring your own sanitisers and cloths/wipes.
- Practice social distancing and do not mix with people outside your family/group.
- Use of the gym and playground is prohibited.
- Picnicking is allowed for groups of 10 people or less.
- The zoo ferries will not be operational.
- Normal zoo rules still apply. Refrain from touching surfaces and please do not feed the animals.
The Zoo is 54 hectares in size, with 2070 animals, 380 species. The most popular animals are the lions, tigers, naughty apes, slithering snakes and majestic elephants.
Day trip, kids party venue, school tours and more
* Day and night tours
* Birthday party packages
* School tours, talks and animal demonstrations*
* Venues to hire: Old Elephant house, Anglo Gold Lion enclosure, Ape House Deck and open lawn
* Zoo Ferry transport system on weekdays, weekends and public holidays
* The Zoo is accessible for physically disabled groups
* Stages restaurant for light meals and delicious coffee
Zoo trots: experience animals waking up
A Walk/Run event promoting a healthy lifestyle within the Zoo’s environment
Time: 7-10am; every 2nd Sunday. (OPEN ON ALL PUBLIC HOLIDAYS)
The Joburg Zoo offers three types of day tours:
Ferry Tour - this is a 90 minute tour on a ferry which stops at 5 main animal complexes. The tour guide treats three of the many animals with a snack. This tour is a hit with birthday parties! Bring your picnic baskets for lunch on one of our many beautifully manicured lawns.
Behind the Scenes tour - Go where only the staff get to go! This walking tour includes 2 animal night rooms, the kitchen and hospital. You get to see how the zoo runs while getting close to some of our wild animals!
Visit the zoo at night and explore the zoo's active nightlife.
The Joburg Zoo offers 3 types of night tours:
Sunset tour (4pm - 6:30pm)
Moonlight tour (5:15pm - 8pm)
Night tour (6:15pm - 9pm)
Come rough-it on an overnight campout at Johannesburg Zoo. We will treat you to a Behind - the Scenes tour and Night Tour end off with a bonfire.Times: Saturday 2:30pm - Sunday 8am.
Booking is essential
See the Big 5 at the Joburg Zoo
The phrase "Big 5" conjures visions of steamy jungles, rolling savannahs and big-game hunters stalking Africa's most feared animals; fittingly so as it was the game hunters who coined the phrase to describe the creatures - lion, leopard, rhino, African elephant and African buffalo - they found most dangerous to hunt. Now, the Johannesburg Zoo invites visitors to see these creatures close to home.
BEMAD Club - grade 8 to 12 learners
Behaviour enrichment club is a programme to enrich the lives of our zoo animals. It is aimed at grade8-12 learners. The club focuses on the welfare of the zoo animals. You will have the chance to learn what being a zoo-Keeper is all about.
• The Club activities happen one Saturday a month from 9:00 to 14:00.
• The first visit is free so that you can see if you do like it. However, to receive your T-shirt, you need to pay the annual membership fee
Visit Johannesburg website www.jhbzoo.org for more information.
Please say you saw this on Jozikids.
"The content of this page in so far as the marketing of goods/services is concerned, is the property of the company itself and Jozikids cannot be held responsible for the accuracy, validity or legality of the content therefore."