Please note: We do not offer outrides or day outings to the general public. We highly recommend Ride Jozi
for these types of requests.
Picnics with pony rides
- Available on Saturday & Sunday afternoons 2-4pm
- Maximum 25 people (including adults & children). Should more people than the allocated maximum arrive, the party will be immediately cancelled with no reimbursement
- 2 Dedicated ponies for 1 hour of pony rides 2.30-3.30pm
- You are welcome to bring carrots to feed the ponies
- Only children under the age of 12yrs permitted to ride on the ponies
- Unaccompanied children may not leave the area – please respect the other tenants’ areas & do not enter or “explore” other areas on the property
- Food & beverages not supplied – Delta Café available should you require catering, please contact Daniel on email@example.com
- Picnic blankets, tables, seating, etc not supplied please bring your own
- You may put up decorations from 13:30 but they must all be removed by 16:30 on the day of the picnic. We recommend not putting up balloons as if they pop, they could scare the ponies
- NO confetti or glitters of any kind to be used or thrown please, it pollutes our garden
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Horse riding lessons, pony rental, holiday camps & outrides
Welcome to our little slice of Heaven!
Ranger Stables is a small stable yard found in the heart of Craighall Park. What started out as a small collection of ponies has grown into a family of riders, horses and our community.
Horse riding lessons
At Ranger Stables, we offer horse riding lessons for children from the age of 6 all the way up to adults - they will learn from basic skills and knowledge all the way up to competitive level.
If you are interested in lessons, please contact us on email@example.com with the following information:
• Name and Surname of potential rider * (Important)*
• Weight (Horse/ Pony allocation) * (Important)*
• Riding experience
Once you have contacted Jess, she will reply with availability, an Indemnity Form and Stable Policy as well as Account Details. Please fill the indemnity out and read the stable policy carefully, and keep it for your records.
We also offer pony rides for children. Great for those tiny tots who want to start early. Rides run 15:00 - 15:45 on Saturdays. Rides are R50 per child per ride and are a few minutes long within the REEA Property. First come first served basis (no bookings required). Please pay the groom on duty for a pony ride directly. Please ensure to bring exact amounts, as we do not carry change. Pony rides are suitable for children aged 4 - 11 yrs. Price subject to change.
Every little child wishes for a pony as a birthday present and now you can give them two! We offer lovely Pony Camp Parties & Pony Olympics Parties at the Stables or we can bring two ponies with a handler to your children's birthday party. Children can do pony rides and get to interact with these gentle giants. We are also available for schools, fetes & functions. If the venue is not your own, please confirm that ponies are permitted on the property.
If you are interested in hiring our ponies for a birthday party, market or function, please contact Peta Malcolm on firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
• Date of function
• Type of function
• Time slots ponies would be required (eg. 10am – 11am)
• Address of function
Once you have emailed Peta, she will reply with availability and a quote for the function.
Carrots and apples are always welcome for our lovely horses and ponies, so feel free to pop in and say hello!