Corner 12th & Waterval StreetsView on Google Maps
Heathway Centre - @ Jozi Dance StudioView on Google Maps
Mon to Thur: 2-7.30pm
* Fees START at only R600 per month for 1.5-3 hours per week, which is what most beginner gymnasts do.
From 2 years - All ages
Gymnastics classes for kids & all ages
Johannesburg Gymnastics Centre offers gymnastics classes from the beginner levels, right through to the Olympic level. Our club collectively has the highest qualified judges & coaches in the country, who are all registered with the South African Gymnastics Federation. Gymnastics has been widely regarded as the sport that develops all other sports! We focus on learning through fun, in a safe & healthy environment. We are open 6 days a week & offer very popular Saturday classes for girls & boys of all ages, to help those working moms & dads, who can not bring their children during the week.
One of proudest moments was when our very own JGC gymnasts, Caitlin Rooskrantz and Naveen Daries, represented South Africa at the Tokyo 2020 Olympics! They both had a world class competition and even attained a personal best under such immense pressure with the world watching.
Did you know that another one of our gymnasts, Claudia Cummins qualified for The RIO 2016 Olympics? Claudia is now a qualified physiotherapist and offers online sessions from her new home in Durban.
Another of our many highlights was when we won the Jack Cheetham / Murray & Roberts award in 2012. Various clubs of all sporting disciplines countrywide apply for this prestigious award and we are extremely fortunate and honoured to have captured their attention.
The Gauteng Sports Coach of the Year is awarded annually by the Gauteng Department of Sport to the coach of the year, relating to all sport disciplines. For the first time ever it was awarded to a gymnastics coach and we are honoured to have had Head Coach and owner, Ilse Pelser, accept this prestigious award in 2012.
Other accolades and worthy mentions include:
- SAGF (South African Gymnastics Federation) awards, where JGC dominated for five years in succession from 2012 to 2016.
- Senior Olympic Gymnast of the Year award on several occasions, including 2016 & 2017.
- International participation, where we represented our country and brought back gold, silver and bronze medals from a far as Serbia, Wales, USA, Scotland, Korea, Isle of Man, Slovenia, Belgium and Germany to name but a few.
- Kirsten Beckett’s Senior Olympic Gymnast of the Year title for two years in a row as well as All Around title at the Commonwealth Games in the Congo.
- Claudia Cummins being named SAGF gymnast of the year for 2016.
- Caitlin Rooskrantz scoring a magnificent 13.75 on uneven bars - the highest from any South African gymnast to date – and placing second in the team competition in Belgium alongside fellow top junior, Naveen Daries.
- Having four of the six junior girls who were selected in 2015 to compete at the Olympic Hopes Competition in the Czech Republic, hail from JGC.
- Travelling to Orlando, USA to compete in the USAIGC Club World Championships in 2014 & 2016. - Winning the Central Gauteng Coach of the Year award in every possible section, for three years in a row.
JGC coaches won the CENTRAL GAUTENG COACH OF THE YEAR AWARDS FOR FOUR CONSECUTIVE YEARS! Proof that we have the best coaches in the country - right here at our top class facility!
The Benefit of Gymnastics
> Foundation for all other sports
> Gross motor development
> Developing strength and flexibility
> Instilling discipline
> Confidence building
> Social skills development
> Honing balance and coordination
High Performance Gymnastics: Our High Performance squad consists of forty gymnasts (both senior and junior), all of whom are in preparation for future International Competitions and Olympic participation.
Tumbling Classes: JGC offers tumbling as a discipline and these classes are simply brilliant. Tumbling forms a very strong basic foundation for artistic gymnastics and our head coach in this arena, Leeland Christian, closely supervises the Saturday classes.
Fees are charged per month & vary depending on the amount of hours your child trains & start at only R600 per month for 1.5-3 hours per week, which is what most beginner gymnasts do.
JGC has two branches:
Sign up now or come for a free trial lesson and raise the bar with us!