Send us an e-mail
||Florida Lake Yacht Club
entrance on Eisteddford Lane
Florida Lake Roodepoort West Rand
||2pm on Sundays
||R50 p/p social session however regulars training for races are free first year and pay minimal annual membership fee - costs depend on racing/entries, transport of boats, registration with the Unions but are minimal annual fees
||From 6 years - All ages
Paddling lessons for kids and adults
Adults as well as children can learn to canoe at Florida Lake. Children can participate in regular races hosted at various clubs throughout Gauteng and earn points for completion of races which accumulate towards the annual prizegiving - the points are awarded to the paddler, the school they attend and the club where they train.
Children can participate in interprovincial/interschool sprint competitions, and provincial marathon events in K1 (single Kayak) or K2 / K4 etc as they become proficient. Junior colours can be awarded by Gauteng Canoe Union if they earn sufficient points/ podium positions.
Florida Lake Canoe Club exists:
* to encourage the sport of canoeing and introduce new participants to the sport
* to promote development in paddling, support amateur paddlers and novices and less privileged and give them opportunities to progress
* to assist with spreading basic safety rules and standards for canoeing
* to support races, organise and assist with arrangements and safety, to encourage participation
* to assist with organising transport to races for boats and paddlers where needed
* to promote social activities in the interest of canoeing
* to be protectors of Florida lake, work with local authorities for the protection and enhancement of the lake and encourage interest in wild life conservation
* to assist with river maintenance and cleaning and support environmental projects
Please say you saw this on Jozikids.
"The content of this page in so far as the marketing of goods/services is concerned, is the property of the company itself and Jozikids cannot be held responsible for the accuracy, validity or legality of the content therefore."