All our instructors are accredited teachers and/or industry professionals with unsurpassed knowledge and experience in their area of expertise. JATA also affords our students many opportunities to perform on stage, taking part in various eisteddfods, competitions and festivals throughout the year as well as staging our annual showcase at the Joburg Theatre.
Performing Arts Classes for Kids
• Group and/or Individual Classes for Minis (6-8), Juniors (9-12), Seniors 1 (12 – 15) Seniors 2 (15 & up)
• Trinity College of London Examinations on request
•RAD ballet – Primary Grade to Advanced
•ISTD Modern & Tap Dance – Primary Grade to Advanced
•Contemporary & Jazz
•Hip Hop & Breakdancing
• Private vocal coaching for students aged 9 and up
• Syllabus individually designed to suit unique requirements of each student
JATA offers Musical Theatre Holiday Clubs to keep our young performers entertained over holiday periods. These week-long clubs are very well attended and the clubbers present a performance for friends and family at the end of the week to showcase what they have learnt.
JATA offers open dance classes for those looking for alternative ways to keep fit or to hone their existing skills.
Paul Rabenowitz from The Assembly Improv runs Intro to Improv and Clowning workshops on Wednesday evenings and weekends.
There is also an 'Acting for Adults' enrichment course which takes place on Saturday afternoons with Renos Spanoudes as the facilitator.
All our venues (separately or as a whole) are available for hire for events, parties and functions as well as rehearsal or performance spaces. Availability dependent.
JATA Opening in Stoneridge Centre
Experienced teachers will nurture young performers in drama, song and dance.
Musical Theatre Clubs/Improv Workshops offered during the holidays.
For ages 3 – 16
Win a place at the JATA Holiday Club in Edenvale, worth R1000
Tuesday, 20th February - Tuesday, 19th March 2024
Act, Sing, Dance! Stand a chance to win a place at the holiday club held at the new JATA East Rand, in Stoneridge Centre, Greenstone, Edenvale.
Promising fun, the club is all about self-expression, musicality, voice projection and improvisation which enhances creativity, self-esteem and confidence. Plus the clubbers get to wow friends and family at the Showcase performance in the last session. No prior experience necessary for all this fun!
The winner will join either one of the holiday clubs which run from 25-28 March:
*Musical Theatre Holiday Club for ages 6- 14yrs | 9:30am to 12pm OR
*Holiday Improv Workshops for ages 13 and up | 3-5:30pm |
This workshop is facilitated by Actor and Comedian, Paul Rabenowitz
To enter please answer the multiple choice questions below. Fill in your details and click send.
Terms and Conditions
1. This competition is valid from 20 Feb- 19 March 2024
2. The winner will be selected on 20 March 2024
Winners are chosen by a random selection process from all the correct entries and will be contacted by telephone call the day after the competition closes. Should the selected entrant not be available immediately via phone call a new winner will be chosen until an entrant can be reached.
3. The winner will be confirmed via email.
4. Only residents living within the borders of South Africa can qualify for a prize.
5. Only one entry per person.
6. If prizes are unclaimed within 10 working days a new winner will be selected.
7. The prizes are valid for the March 25-28 holiday club only.
8. The prizes cannot be exchanged for cash.
9. The prize is NOT transferable. Should you wish to pass the prize on to someone else, this is acceptable only if allowed by the company supplying the prize.
10. All entrants consent to their personal information being:
a. used by the organiser (being Jozikids); and
b. shared with the organiser's service providers (being the competition sponsor) for purposes of the competition and related identification;
c. Personal information relates to the entrants full name, email address and contact phone number;
d. by entering the competition, the entrant explicitly gives consent to the organiser and service provider mentioned hereinabove to use personal information as described for purposes of marketing
e. collection of information of entrants is in compliance with the Protection of Personal Information Act No. 4 of 2013 (POPI Act)
f. service providers of the competition may only use the personal information of entrants for purposes of marketing and may not share information with any other party. You always have the option to unsubscribe once you start receiving it.
11. The company supplying the prize will email you additional information about their products and deals. Please inform the company directly via email should you not wish to receive the information as mentioned hereinabove.