Send us an e-mail
Visit our web site
|| From 2 years - 12 years old
Hospice & palliative care for patients
HospiceWits provides care and support to the communities within the Johannesburg Metropolitan District, primarily Johannesburg and Soweto.
Palliative care is the holistic care of someone diagnosed with a life threatening illness. It includes pain management and symptom control, psychological, emotional and spiritual counselling and is offered to any and all whether or not they are able to pay. Our support extends to the family of patients. Our values of dignity, integrity and respect inform everything we do and we strive to provide palliative care that is world class
..We are compassionate, sympathetic and supportive - we care.
How we can help you
- Home Based Care (Hospice at home)
- The In Patient Unit - Houghton (10 adult / 2 frail care beds)
- Soweto Hospice (16 adult / 10 paediatric bed palliative ward)
- Centre for Palliative Learning (Training)
- Patient and Family Counselling
- Loan of Equipment (Wheelchairs, Commodes, Crutches etc.)
- AIDS and OrphanCare - Mapetla, Soweto
- HospiceWits Shops
- Day Care for patients at our Diepkloof facility
How you can help us
- Donate Money
Account Name: HospiceWits
Bank Name: Standard Bank
Branch Name: Norwood
Acc Number: 201658186
Branch Code: 004105
Reference: Full Name and Surname
- Club 2000: Money from the project will be used to provide palliative care. Click here http://www.tree-of-light.co.za/application.php to buy globes online.
- Buy a Light: An annual fundraising event to coincide with the festive season that gives donors an opportunity to remember their loved ones through the purchase of an in-memory globe.
- MySchool Card: Get involved today and start raising valuable funds without costing you a cent. Apply for your free card today and make HospiceWits your beneficiary.
- Volunteer: Volunteer opportunities exist in the following areas:
Facilities Mowing the lawn, Helping out, Driving
Care Helping Patients, Children, Caregivers, Families
Professional Expertise, Research, Knowledge
Fundraising Raising Money
Shops Collection, Selling, Administering
- Shops: Corporates, schools, organisations, clubs, individuals we need your generosity and support!
Please donate good quality items in a sellable condition to our shops for re-sale to generate income to maintain & grow our services.
- Corporate Fundraising: We rely heavily on generous contributions from our dedicated donors to allow HospiceWits to maintain and expand its vital services to the terminally ill despite worldwide financial pressures.
- Event Fundraising: Our Events Department runs a number of fundraising events throughout the year. The dates supplied on this website are updated regularly and events can be confirmed by contacting info@HospiceWits.co.za or by calling the Marketing Department on 011 483 9148 or 011 483 9100.
Please say you saw this on Jozikids.
"The content of this page in so far as the marketing of goods/services is concerned, is the property of the company itself and Jozikids cannot be held responsible for the accuracy, validity or legality of the content therefore."