NPO focusing on creating a caring society
The South African Holocaust Foundation is dedicated to creating a more caring and just society in which human rights and diversity are respected and valued.
- Serve as a memorial to the six million Jews who were killed in the Holocaust and all victims of Nazism.
- Teaches about the consequences of prejudice, racism, antisemitism, xenophobia and homophobia, and the dangers of indifference, apathy and silence.
- Promote an understanding of the dangers of indifference, apathy and silence.
The South African Holocaust & Genocide Foundation strives to further Holocaust education in order to:
- Support the building of a human rights culture and to encourage respect for diversity
- Develop an understanding of the past so that the moral and ethical issues raised can be instructive in dealing with
* contemporary human rights abuses, for example, xenophobia, racism and bigotry
* Teaches about the consequences of prejudice, racism, antisemitism, xenophobia and homophobia,
and the dangers of indifference, apathy and silence
* Encourage social activism and a greater individual responsibility to building the community
* Encourage empathy and compassion and a deeper understanding of what it means to be human
Educational workshops & exhibitions
Our services include:
- Education workshops for educators and learners
- Temporary Exhibitions such as, Anne Frank- A History for Today and The Holocaust – Lessons for Humanity
- Special educational events aimed at highlighting commemoration dates e.g. the United Nations commemoration for victims of the Holocaust (27 January), the 1994 Rwanda Genocide (7 April), Holocaust Remembrance Day (Yom Ha'Shoah, 27 Nissan) and Kristallnacht (9 November), to name a few
- Diversity management workshops and public speaking engagements in response to requests from schools and organisations
- Partnering on study tours to Poland and Rwanda
Support the foundation
The Foundation, a not for profit educational trust, is funded entirely by donations and sponsorships. All donations are tax deductible in terms of Section 18A of the South African Income Tax Act.
YOUR SUPPORT will greatly assist the Foundation achieve its mission of teaching about the dangers of unchecked hatred and prejudice.
Currently no deals.
Currently no events.
Currently no competitions.