These healthy wheat-free biscuits can be served with tea or as snacks. It is great for including in lunch boxes for kids as well as mom and dad!
2 extra large egg whites
250 ml sunflower seeds, toasted
250 ml pumpkin seeds, toasted
125 ml sesame seeds, toasted
125 ml coconut chips or flaked almonds, toasted
60 ml soft brown sugar (Treacle or Demarera)
60 ml honey
125 ml dried cranberries, sultana’s or raisins
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 º C and line two large baking trays with baking paper.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff peak stage and set it aside.
- Toast the seeds and coconut chips or flaked almonds one ingredient at a time in a single layer in a large saucepan until light brown – watch it carefully as it can burn very quickly.
- Combine all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix well.
- Place heaped teaspoonfuls 2 cm apart on the baking paper and flatten with the back of the teaspoon.
- Bake for about 10 to 15 minutes or until golden.
- Remove the tray from the oven and set aside to cool before transferring the clusters to a airtight container.
About 30 clusters.
- Drizzle a little melted white or dark chocolate over the clusters once they are cool
Note: If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to the uniquely detailed free weekly newsletter for parents in Gauteng – Jozikids