For the easiest baked cheesecake you will ever make try this recipe. My kids love it and my son often asks for it for his birthday. It is quick and easy as well as versatile – you can dress it up or down and best of all as far as desserts go it is relatively healthy!
For the crust
1 x packet shortbread biscuits, crushed
1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
1/3 cup melted butter
For the filling
2 x tubs creamed cheese
500g ricotta cheese, crumbled
½ cup cream
½ cup vanilla yoghurt
1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
1 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons corn flour
1 teaspoon vanilla (essence, extract or powder)
Seasonal fruit, berries, chocolate ganache and cream make great decorations
1. Mix the crust ingredients together and press into a greased 25cm loose-bottom pan.
2. Mix all the filling ingredients together – either beat briefly with an electric mixer or whisk by hand to mix well.
3. Pour into the prepared tin and bake at 180’ for about 1 hour or until lightly golden brown.
4. Remove from the oven and allow to cool, before refrigerating overnight.
5. Loosen the cake by running a sharp knife along the sides and then removing the pan. Loosen the crust in a similar manner and place on a serving dish.
Optional: Spread with strawberry jam or granadilla pulp before adding berries, seasonal fruit and whipped cream or cover the cake with chocolate ganache and chopped toasted almonds and whipped cream.
If you are making a chocolate ganache topping, you can add a tablespoon or 2 of cocoa powder to the crust mixture and even some chopped almonds if you like.