Reach For A Dream, a leading non-profit organisation, helps kids with life-threatening illnesses reach for their dreams
Sadly, each year thousands of South African children are diagnosed with critical illnesses and are in desperate need of encouragement. Since 1988, the Reach For A Dream Foundation has brought hope, joy, and healing to countless children by encouraging them to use their dreams to fight life-threatening illnesses such as cancer, muscular dystrophy, renal failure, and various blood disorders.
Reach For A Dream seeks to alleviate the strain that a life-threatening illness places on children aged between three and 18 and their families by making dreams come true. These dreams—ranging from meeting personal heroes to getting new toys or experiencing new things for the first time—provide them with a temporary escape from their illness and a much-needed distraction from often painful medical treatments. Most importantly, fulfilled dreams inspire hope, giving these youngsters a reason to believe that tomorrow is worth fighting for.
When a child is faced with a life-threatening illness, the impact that a dream coming true can have on their well-being is overwhelming. The positive effect of a dream lingers, and children often respond better to their medication and treatments.
In addition to individual dreams, the Foundation runs various national projects like Dream Rooms, Laughter Heroes, and Dream Club to provide ongoing support to the children and their families.
Reach For A Dream relies solely on donor funding and public support to ensure the success of its initiatives. You can support the Foundation by giving a monetary donation, contributing your Voyager miles, volunteering your time, donating goods or services, or supporting one of its fundraisers such as Slipper Day.
Click here to find out how you can get involved.
Currently no deals.
Reach For A Dream Wish List
We are so grateful to receive donations in whichever way possible. You may donate towards these items online or they can be dropped off at our offices during office hours.
- Dream Fulfillment Donation: Sponsor a dream today by donating to Reach For A Dream on our website.
- Magical Moments: Sponsor an enchanting event where our children can experience adventures such as acrobranching or arts and crafts experiences.
- Transportation: Partnerships with transportation companies to provide trips for our Dream Club project.
- Dream Technology: Donations of new devices and gadgets such as laptops and cell phones so our children can connect with their families and do schoolwork in the hospital.
- Entertainment: Donate tickets to themed concerts, magical shows, or events for dream fulfillment.
- Family Bonding Adventures: Donate special experiences designed for families to create lasting memories together.
- Care Packs: Donate new and unused items for us to create little goodie bags to hand out to our children. For example, sweets, teddy bears, playing cards, colouring books, crayons and toys.
2 Fricker Road
Currently no competitions.