Here to save the day – or the week, or the child! Lunchbox Guide 101, by the Wooden Spoon Kitchen is the second edition of wonderful lunchbox ideas and recipes, every family will love! Read more about the book here and shop here
Well done on surviving the first weeks of the school year. Whether you’re embarking on a new journey into a new school or still at the same place, you certainly felt all the feels that come with back to school. And for high school kids we realize that feeding a teenager is a whole new ball game that we are still figuring out, hence Lunchbox Guide 101!
We all understand that we are what we eat – and that healthy children are happy children. Kids are also never too young to learn about nutrition and build healthy eating habits- all this for a balanced lifestyle, and optimal energy and learning levels.
Lunchbox Guide 101 by Ankie Niesing
The Wooden Spoon Kitchen founded by Ankie Niesing is an online food blog that will inspire you to eat well, and make sure your kids do too. In Ankies little online corner in the world she creates and photographs recipes. She is all about transferring cooking skills and healthy eating habits and nurturing a love for the kitchen. So if you are looking for a koeksister recipe, this is not the blog for you:)
Ankies passion for food and extensive studies in the field locally and abroad can be tasted in every dish!
After the great success of the lunchbox e-book, Ankie had more to say and share, so here is the second edition: Lunchbox Guide 101. With a lot more nutritional information, recipes, discount codes and so much more.
The LunchBox Guide 101 is nothing short of happiness in a box! Ideal for mums and dads on the go, the guide provides:
- 8 easy recipes
- 5 lunchbox samples
- money saving tips
- pantry stock lists
- healthy swop outs at the grocery store
- swop outs for allergies and intolerances
- after school snack ideas
- stable blood sugar information and food ideas
- discount vouchers from ButtaNut and My Crunchbox
- lunchbox container guides
- fibre cheat sheets and more!
Get yours at a discounted rate today! See picture for promocode and how to order!
And just to wet your appetite, Ankie shares recipes from her free e-book: a book filled with lunchbox inspo for your little ones and teenage kids too – the fussy ones, you know! See below:
Free lunchbox guide and ideas e-book
- 2 medium ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup yoghurt or milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1.5 cups rolled oats
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Olive Oil
- Add all the ingredients to a blender and blend until completely smooth
- Heat frying pan and add oil
- Once pan is hot add 1/3 cup of batter to the pan and fry until pancakes slightly puff up and bubbles appear.
- Wipe pan and repeat, managing heat always
- TIP: you can fry and freeze pancakes or freeze batter in ice trays and pop them from freezer to fryer when needed!
Other firm favourites in the Lunchbox e-book are:
- Apple and bran muffins
- Roasted Chickpeas
- and many more!
The Good news:
- Edition 1 is Free!
For picture perfect lunchboxes, that are nutritious too, download the free e-book right here.
- Edition 2 is available at a discounted rate for all Jozikids readers!
Dont forget to use the discount code (Jozi35) for edition 2 when purchasing Lunchbox Guide 101!
Hope it can help you out!!