Being a positive parent, especially during exam time, can make all the difference to your child. Try these steps to help ease everyone during exams.
Alleviate anxiety by being prepared
The child should have a study schedule either from school or parents can help them to create a study schedule.
Create positivity around exam results regardless of a PASS or FAIL.
When the child arrives home with the exam mark …
- Ask your child about the questions they answered correctly.
- Compliment them and congratulate them on the correct answers.
- Ask your child about the incorrect questions and discuss positives ways to correct them going forward.
- The process should be repeated for each worry the child has about their exams.
Be aware and understand of how your child takes in information
Taking in information and absorbing the information is unique and different for everyone. Children with ADHD are able to take in information better when other senses are activated e.g. body movement and external background sounds like – music.
EQ 4 Exams mean managing anxiety levels, keeping a positive frame of mind and attitude, visualising the goal and remaining calm within mind and body through the exam process.
Note: If you enjoyed this article, and would like to stay updated with more, you can:
- Subscribe to our free weekly Jozikids newsletter for parents in Gauteng
- Like us on Facebook
- Follow us on Instagram