Wondering how to keep the family entertained these December holidays? From stripes to spots, Rhino & Lion Nature Reserve in the Cradle of Humankind should definitely be on your list. And with the launch of online ticketing, booking is so much easier and more convenient.
New attractions at Rhino & Lion Nature Reserve
The big news these holidays is the opening of the brand new tiger habitat at our Wildlife Centre. This specially designed habitat will be home to our Bengal tiger family.
The refurbished Neck & Deck Restaurant
January will see the opening of the new Neck & Deck. This much-loved eatery, a long time favourite of cyclists in the Cradle of Humankind, has been completely rebuilt and will offer an enticing Afro-fusion range of dishes. But don’t worry – giraffe feeding is still very much on the menu!
Festive Must-do’s at Rhino & Lion Nature Reserve
Need inspiration? Here are some of our favourite ideas for a family festive season to remember:
- Book a guided game drive – let one of the reserve’s field guides share their knowledge and passion for wildlife while you enjoy the view in our comfortable new game viewing vehicles.
- Feed our friendly giraffe at the Neck & Deck. Explore the inspiring new menu at the brand new, completely rebuilt Neck & Deck
- Book Christmas lunch at the Boma Restaurant or Thatch Café to celebrate with the family over a scrumptious Christmas lunch, surrounded by the beauty of nature.
- Pack a cooler box and braai under glorious summer skies – light those coals and then sit back and relax at our comfortable, shaded braai facilities, then cool off with a dip in our sparkling pool.
- Book a predator tour – watch brown and white lions, African wild dogs and cheetahs feeding.
- Let the kids go wild at our Children’s Play Park. Let them burn off all that holiday energy on our jumping castles, trampolines and jungle gyms while you order a meal and relax.
- Take in a live reptile show – get to learn all about reptile conservation. You can also see black mambas, anacondas and more at our Reptile Park.
- See how our Bengal tiger family is settling in to their new habitat . Visit our Wildlife Centre to discover other rare and exotic animals, including black jaguars and the only clouded leopards in Africa.
- Ride on the top-rated BMX track in Gauteng at Cradle Bike Park . Hire a bike for the kids or bring your own. Relax on the deck of the Thatch Café over a pizza or burger while you take in the views of wildebeest, springbok and warthog grazing in the distance.
- Explore a world of wonder at the incredible Bothongo WonderCave . Marvel at exquisite stalactites and stalagmites as you explore this spectacular chamber with our expert guide. A must for all visitors to the reserve.