After 4 long months we will finally be allowed to stretch our legs in Gauteng’s Botanical Gardens from Monday August 3rd, 2020 as long as everyone obeys the following rules :
- Daily access to the gardens will be monitored & limited once the “safe carrying capacity for the area” has been reached.
- All visitors will be required to :
- wear cloth face masks,
- be temperature screened,
- complete a tracing register.
- Gate opening & closing hours will be strictly adhered to.
- No social gathering allowed
- No picnics or public events allowed
Business use of Botanical Garden’s facilities
- Commercial facilities in the gardens, such as restaurants,can open under Alert Level 3 subject to prescribed regulations
- Business conferences and meetings limited to not more than 50 attendees can take place under controlled conditions outlined in government regulations
(The above regulations were published in the Government Gazette 43564 on 28 July 2020)
Botanical Gardens in Gauteng and KZN
Please check opening and closing times plus entrance fees as these are subject to change:
Related useful articles:
- How safe is it going on a family outing under level 3? by Dr Daniel Israel
- What if you choose NOT to send your child back to school? By Jozikids.co.za
- So you have Covid-19. Now what? By Dr K Van Der Merwe & Dr V Dogan
- Someone in your home tests positive for Covid-19. Dr Daniel Israel
Note: If you enjoyed this article, and want to stay updated, subscribe to the free Jozikids newsletter for parents in Gauteng.