A great lunch box treat or for breakfast, my son likes his warmed with a block or 2 of dark chocolate on top so that it melts, but it is equally good on its own or with a little butter.
I haven’t tried it with chocolate chips, but I think you probably could add chocolate chips instead of nuts if you like – I think the next time my son helps me make it he will probably ask for chocolate chips instead of nuts.
125g (1/4 block) butter, softened
1c brown sugar
1/2c yoghurt or buttermilk
3 large ripe bananas, mashed
3/4c chopped pecan nuts
2c cake flour
2t baking powder
1t ground cinnamon
1/2t ground nutmeg
1. Cream the butter and sugar together.
2. Add the yoghurt, vanilla and bananas and beat for another couple of minutes.
3. Sift the dry ingredients (not nuts) into the wet mixture and fold in gently with the nuts.
4. Oil and flour a bread pan and bake at 180’C for about 1 hour.
5. Cool in the tin for 10 minutes and then turn out onto a wire rack.
6. Only slice once completely cool.