By Margy Vally, owner of The Olive Branch Cookery School which offers a passionate environment in which to learn delicious recipes and culinary skills specifically designed for all ages. She previously worked with an international Hotel Group and for Fedics Food Services South Africa
This delicious lunchbox or party snack can be frozen either raw in marinade or once cooked using freezer bags making it easy to create portions for specific days of the week.
- 1kg chicken wings (12 whole chicken Wings)
- 40ml soy sauce (2 tablespoons)
- 40ml hoi sin sauce (2 tablespoons)
- 120ml tomato Sauce
- 20ml honey (1 tablespoon)
- 20g soft brown sugar (1 tablespoon)
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 10ml sesame oil (2 teaspoons)
- Preheat the oven 180⁰C
- Cut chicken wings at the joints, discard the tips.
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl, mix well.
- Add wings and mix well to coat. Cover with wrap and store for 2 hours in refrigerator or overnight turning occasionally.
- Place chicken and marinade on an oven tray and cook for 10- 15 minutes until tender. Brush with marinade several times during cooking. (Also great on the braai) Serve cold for lunch box