By Margy Vally, owner of The Olive Branch Cookery School which offers a passionate environment in which to learn delicious recipes and culinary skills specifically designed for all ages. She previously worked with an international Hotel Group and for Fedics Food Services South Africa
Kids love the crunchiness of these chicken strips. They’re also great as party food or after school lunches at home. Delicious anytime of day really…
- 200g Chicken breast cut into 10cm thick long strips
- 100g Fresh breadcrumbs
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 50g cake flour
- 3 Tbsp Mayonnaise
- 2 eggs Beaten
- A squeeze of lemon juice to taste
- Salad leaves to serve
- Mix the breadcrumbs with the cayenne pepper.
- Season the chicken.
- Coat chicken with flour, then the beaten egg and finally the breadcrumbs.
- Heat up a frying pan of oil and gently fry the Goujons until golden brown
- Mix the lemon juice and mayonnaise and seasoning. Serve with the Goujons and a few salad leaves.