ByTanya George, married with a 7 year old daughter and a 3 year old son. She left the corporate world to start Bright Young Chefs, a party venue that offers kids the opportunity to create exciting meals, by experimenting with colours, textures and flavours.
These muffins are a firm favourite with my children. They’re super easy to make and are quite filling too. Muffins are great as snacks in between meals or if you’re pressed for time between school and extra activities, or even for on-the-run breakfasts.
- 3 large bananas
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄2cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3cup melted butter
- 1⁄2teaspoon salt (optional)
- nuts (optional)
- chocolate chips(optional)
- Mash bananas, add sugar and the slightly beaten egg.
- Stir in melted butter.
- Stir in dry ingredients.
- Spoon into medium size muffin pan (I use the paper muffin cups inside pan).
- Bake 20 minutes at 180C degrees
Click here to find out what Bright Young Chefs has to offer