By Abigail Courtenay, a dietician with a special interest in infant and child nutrition. A self confessed food addict, she loves to experiment and create unique meals in the kitchen using whole foods and promoting natural living. Check out her website for recipe’s and interesting blogs.
This is a simple and delicious treat that is ideal for moms and tots alike! The frozen banana creates a delicate ice cream texture and the strawberry and vanilla adds a special oomf to the dish! Ice cream that you can with good conscience serve to your kids for breakfast!
- 2 medium bananas
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 4 strawberries
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Garnish idea’s:
Dark chocolate chips,
Coconut flakes (toasted/ plain)
- Cut bananas into discs and toss with lemon juice (to prevent oxidising and going brown).
- Wash and trim the strawberries and slice in half.
- Place in airtight container and freeze overnight.
- Toss in food processor/ blend with a hand blender with vanilla until it forms a creamy ice cream consistency.
- Garnish and enjoy!
- Use almost overly ripe bananas for this, if you don’t, your ‘ice cream’ will be bitter!