by Laura-kim Allmayer, co-founder of Journey2Joy, mom to two little people, compulsive blogger and twitter addict. When she’s not blogging she’s planning baby showers and helping moms prepare for their new babies.
CHRISTMAS DECORATION BISCUITS
1. Sift the dry ingredients together, work in the softened butter to form a stiff dough.
2. Lightly flour a flat surface, roll out the dough about 5mm thick, then cut out your shapes.
3. Place on a lightly greased baking tray and bake in a preheated oven for 10 minutes
250g icing sugar
1 egg white
Squeeze lemon juice
Decorations – silver balls, 100 & 1000s
1. Sieve the icing sugar.
2. Place the egg white and lemon juice in a bowl and gradually add the icing sugar.
3. Mixing with fork until peaks form.
4. Colour the icing as required and then pipe decorations onto the biscuits.
I let the kids decorate them for their teachers
GLUTEN FREE PECAN NUT COOKIES
1. Beat all the ingredients together well.
2. Roll into balls, flatten with a fork
3. Add a halved pecan on the top.
3. Bake in a preheated oven for 10 minutes.
CUP CAKES (this is the best recipe I have used)
125g self raising flour
125g castor sugar (I used brown and it worked fine)
3 TBS milk
1. Beat the flour, sugar, butter and eggs together.
2. Slowly add one tbs of milk at a time.
3. Add the vanilla and mix well.
4. Bake in a preheated oven for 15-20 minutes.
5. Ice as required.