||Adonnalee (Director) or Susan (Teacher)
Send us an e-mail
Visit our web site
||50 7th Street
Chartwell North Estates
Chartwell Fourways Johannesburg
||Mon to Fri: 7:30am – 2pm
||Please contact Adonnalee
|| From 6 years - 15 years old
Learning centre for special needs kids
Wings for Special Needs is a small group of learners with special needs. We offer a safe and stimulating environment with excellent staff. Our teaching protocol covers all developmental and learning areas for children aged 6 – 15.
Differentiated CAPS curriculum
We follow a differentiated CAPS curriculum including
- rebounding and pre-vocational training.
Our experienced teaching staff not only prepare our children for learning, but they pave the way for strong friendships to develop within a loving environment.
Various developmental programs custom to each child
• We grow and change with our children, and provide them with plenty of new games, apparatus and stimulating materials for every level, making sure that we cater for differing interests.
• Each child’s Individual Educational Programme is loosely based on CAPS and/or DCAPS. Individual goals are discussed during parent consultations and reassessed every six months.
• A variety of resources are used to extend the teaching plan, and there are differentiated programmes to develop perceptual areas, sensory integration and social skills. Pre-vocational training is generally done with task boxes, where the learners practise sorting, planning and checking.
• There is some form of exercise every day. Twice a week a qualified personal instructor takes the children for gym (this includes swimming in summer) and they follow a comprehensive programme of gross motor activities to improve balance, coordination, ball skills and fitness.
• Art, music and baking take place in the classroom and we visit a local library as often as possible. Drumming is next on our agenda. Carefully selected educational outings form part of the children’s lifestyle curriculum and serve as a way to introduce them to their expanding environment.
• We believe in discovering what motivates each child in order to enhance the process of learning. Through our one-on-one approach and the investment of time and patience, our children develop confidence and build self-esteem. They are taught how to make good choices, and how to celebrate or accept the consequences of those choices as they prepare for adulthood.
• We teach values instead of rules. We strive to develop appropriate communication and respect, as well as social and emotional skills. In short, we light the fire and they do the rest.
Please say you saw this on Jozikids.
"The content of this page in so far as the marketing of goods/services is concerned, is the property of the company itself and Jozikids cannot be held responsible for the accuracy, validity or legality of the content therefore."