During school terms every Saturday: 9am - 12pm
Annual Career Day in August and September
Please see below for our donation details and wish list
From 13 years - 18 years old
Non-profit organisation in support of township learners
Founded by 10 young professionals from the South African township of Soweto. Tirisano Foundation was established as a vehicle for any professionals individual and corporate company to actively support learners in township schools with the required skills in education and self-development by sharing their knowledge, skills, resources and networks.
Vision of more professionals emerging from disadvantaged backgrounds
Tirisano carries a vision to see meaningful growth in the number of successful professionals & entrepreneurs coming out of South Africa's townships.
In achieving this, the Foundation seeks to play a developmental role in the improvement of education outcomes, by fostering a long-term career focus among learners in Grade 9-12 in the high schools we adopt to implement out programme.
Tirisano Professionals believe that our collective effort will translate in the improvement of conditions, resources and educational achievements of the learners, schools and communities we partner with.
How we work
• Recruit and develop high school learners and support through high school grades 9-12
• Recruit a comprehensive mix of learners and expose them to supportive networks of professionals with similar goals
• Educate learners on the importance of self-development, having a long-term career focus and how to access tertiary education through various options
• Facilitate networking with professionals from similar backgrounds in various industries
• Initiate and encourage mentorship relationships between learners and professionals in desired industry.
• Initiate and manage a mentorship relationship for each learner that results in tangible outcomes for the learner post school.
Our target impact objectives:
Primary - the percentage increase in the number of pupils in our partner schools who gain university entrance;
Secondary - the percentage increase in the number of pupils in our partner schools who pursue tertiary education (other than university);
Tertiary - the percentage increase in the number of pupils in our partner schools who enter the job market or start businesses immediately post matric.
Wish list & donations required
We are open for donations of a financial nature and also non-fiscal partnerships that will help in improving the quality of the work we do and the skills of our learners.
Your donations will go towards the following:
Food for Saturday classes
Purchasing of equipment for Saturday classes
Donations To make a donation, please contact Mr Vuyisile Mfecane on firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition, kindly inform us if you would like to receive an 18A tax certificate for your donation.
This can be used for tax benefits as per SARS requirements. A deposit can be made at the following account: FNB
Volunteer You can also get involved with Tirisano Foundation in the following ways:
- Be part of the facilitating teams for the Saturday classes
- Speaking about your career during our annual Career Day,
- Get your organisation to share their skills and knowledge with our learners
Please abide by our review guidelines to prevent abuse in a public forum.
Provide us with valid contact information (including a contact number). If we cannot verify your details we can prevent publication of your rating/review.
Your personal details will not be displayed.
Submitted on Thursday, 21st July 2016at 05:57:23 PM
Strong bunch of people challenging mindsets, changing lives.