Send us an e-mail
Visit our web site
||36 Fairbridge Road
Roosevelt Park Ext. Johannesburg
view google map
||Monday-Friday: 7:30am-8:00am to 12:15pm Preschool
8am-8:30am to 12pm Playgroup
Aftercare till 4pm offered daily
Weekends as party venue to hire
||R3100 per month (5 day week)
R2725 per month (4 day week)
R2400 per month (3 day week)
Fees include a daily snack (Low GL, balanced, slow food) and all group activities
Atfercare fees are seperately charged
We also hire out our premises as a party venue on weekends
|| From 18 Months - 5 years old
Small World Playgroup
Our approach to childhood development
The world-renowned Reggio Approach to early child education puts the child at the centre of her own learning. This fully-registered playgroup has become a beacon school for this Reggio Approach.
We believe that:
• the child is naturally curious and highly capable,
• each child is unique and we celebrate that individuality.
We have been operating for 6 years from a cottage and garden in Roosevelt Park which is only 5 minutes away from Greenside, Linden, Parkview, Emmarentia, Melville, and Victory Park, though people come from far and wide to be a part of this inspiring learning community.
Lindi Bell is a born teacher with 20 years of teaching experience and 12 years of ‘mommying experience’. She has won many awards for her work with children.
We offer your children:
• Reggio-inspired playgroup
• secure homely environment
• lots of individual attention
• lots of time for inquiry-based learning
• we nurture creativity and respect the power and pace of the child's mind
• an excellent teacher/child ratio of 1:5
• all staff are First Aid qualified
• 6 qualified teachers with 6 highly experienced assistants
• an innovative play-based playschool alive with children’s voices
Fun-filled activities for the kids
• art-making throughout the day in our atelier with our artist-in-residence on hand to facilitate
• fairy-spotting, mud-pie making & organic vegetable gardening in our beautiful garden
• weekly activities include Music, Drama, Dancing, Story-telling, Games, Baking, and a Puppet show
• outside activities involve Jungle gyms, bike track, sandpit, fairy forest, swings, water play, forts, nature walks, mudpie kitchen, sound garden...
Fees and days on offer
• Mondays – Fridays (5 days a week) from 7:30am-12:15pm
• 3 or 4 day week is also offered
• Aftercare till 4pm offrered daily
• Fees include a daily snack (Low GL, balanced, slow food) and all group activities
Please say you saw this on Jozikids.
Submitted on Sunday, 13th August 2017 at 02:58:51 PM
This school is amazing! A loving, creative space where children's voices are not only heard but given the same value as adult voices. Children learn through self-directed play which the passionate teachers cleverly work with to co-create the curriculum. The children are boundlessly happy because they are free to go at their own pace and to be themselves. Indeed they are encouraged to be the best version of themselves - what more could a parent ask for! Our daughter is blossoming in founder Lindi's class and we feel so blessed to have found this special little community.
Submitted on Monday, 7th August 2017 at 07:47:55 AM
This magical school is one of a kind! Children are giving the freedom to explore, the support to discover the world together with their friends, a rich environment of art & nature &music to stimulate them and endless love & caring from the exceptional teachers.
My kids have been at the school for two years. They have grown incredibly and loved every day!
Submitted on Tuesday, 18th October 2016 at 04:24:09 PM
A cosy, caring, loving environment that encourages your child to explore and grow. Lindi creates magic in her Fairy Forest and Faraway Treehouse. Tessa is an inspiring atelierista that has made my son's creativity bloom. The Reggio approach they follow nurtures children - it's the best place to be
Submitted on Saturday, 1st October 2016 at 08:19:10 AM
My son has thrived and blossomed here. A beautiful magical place for your child. A place for new adventures and making new friends! Lindi and her team are the best...they rock. Everyone is caring and super friendly. Great place you can happily leave your kids at.
Submitted on Wednesday, 21st September 2016 at 11:51:54 AM
After being a stay at home mum and my little girls only full time caretaker for two years I was rather apprehensive about dropping her off and saying goodbye - as soon as I met Lindi and came to Small World I knew it was the only place I'd be happy to drop her off at.
From day one they have loved, nurtured, celebrated and supported my baby and family. I couldn't have asked for a better start for my little ones educational journey.
All the staff; teachers, assistant teachers, administration and even the gardener welcome us every day with love and smiles. The children are given a safe space to fully express themselves without any expectation to "conform". They learn the most valuable of life skills through connectivity and relationship with heaps of kindness, respect and empathy.
Having only moved to SA a year ago I can honestly say that if we only moved here to be part of and experience the magic of SmallWorld playgroup it would be completely worth it. I can not recommend it more highly.
Submitted on Monday, 19th September 2016 at 09:50:51 AM
Our son started at Small World in January and we have never looked back. The environment is truly magical and Lindi and her team are quite incredible with the children. It's a creative space where children are allowed to be children and develop at their own pace. If you are looking for an unconventional, inspirational playschool, look no further.