Opened January 2011
From 07h00 am to 17h30 pm
Only closed for Dec Private School Holidays
Holiday Care available in Dec
Please contact me for details a we offer Full Day and Half Day options.
From Birth - 5 years old
Holistic Creche and Nursery School:
Are you looking for a smaller, intimate environment where your baby or child can feel at home? Smaller classes which are sized age appropriately. We also place children in classes that developmentally suit each child. We aim to love, nurture, educate and protect all those in our care and have a very child centered approach that focuses on individuals strengths to develop a confident, secure child with a positive self image.
We are passionate about Sensory development of children and ensure that all children are exposed to various sensory activities during the day.
Nursery School and Creche for Kids Offering:
* A slightly alternative approach, especially for little busy bodies that need to find calming tools.
* Low Child Care Ratios - Babies 1:3, Crawlers 1:3, Toddlers 1:5 etc
* Dedicated baby house for babies 0-9 months
* Crawler Play group 9months - toddling
* Toddler Play Group - toddling - 2 years
* Pre-Primary with qualified teachers following the ECD curriculum 2 - 5 years old which is adapted to education through play
* Sibling Holiday Care for siblings younger than Grade 1
* Sterile milk kitchen.
* Breathing monitors on all babies under 6 months
* Monthly Clinic Sister Visits
* Home made baby puree's and foods
* 1:3 ratio's
* 3 main meals a day and 2 snacks. Wholesome meals that have been approved by a dietitian.
* Fantasy Play
* Dress-up Days
* Gross motor with a dedicated Gross Motor Play Centre
* Fine motor stimulation
* Cognitive Development are all part of the programme.
* Structured and Unstructured aftercare programme.
* Music Box
* Weekly Baking activities
* Bakerman Shop
* Annual Concert
* Grandparents tea and concert
* On-site swim lessons as an extra mural
* Puppet Shows
* Pet, Reptile, Insect Shows
* Fire Safety, Traffic and Road Safety, Safety in the home shows
* Stranger Danger
* Froggies Class - 5 year olds visit the Dairy and Peoples Theatre
Extra Murals on-site:
* Swimming on site
* Fun ball
* Play Ball
* Music Box
We especially cater for the full time working families who are not able to find the time to do the monthy baby clinic visits or take 1/2 a day's leave every week as their child needs to attend OT or any other therapy.
Please abide by our review guidelines to prevent abuse in a public forum.
Provide us with valid contact information (including a contact number). If we cannot verify your details we can prevent publication of your rating/review.
Your personal details will not be displayed.
Submitted on Wednesday, 1st February 2017at 06:48:40 PM
My son started at Rainbow Kids at 4 months old and he has been there for 18 months now. It is a real home away from home and he is very happy there. The teachers are all fantastic and extremely kind-hearted, caring ladies. I can rest assured that my son is safe and very well cared for while I am at work.
Submitted on Wednesday, 1st February 2017at 06:08:39 PM
Our 6 month old daughter is enrolled at Rainbow Babies. We have been very impressed by the quality of care she receives. The owner and staff are attentive and very passionate about the kids, we are relaxed in knowing she is in good hands. Highly recommended.
Submitted on Wednesday, 1st February 2017at 05:55:33 PM
We have both our children at Rainbow, our youngest from 4 months old and both couldn't be happier. I cannot recommend the school highly enough. The teachers are superb with all the little ones, not only those in their classes. All round the education, development, aftercare, facilities - everything is fantastic.
Submitted on Tuesday, 11th October 2016at 12:45:47 PM
Rainbow babies is a fabulous school with lots of love given to the kids that attend. My little girl is very happy and I would recommend the Rainbow babies to any parent.
Submitted on Monday, 10th October 2016at 01:58:31 PM
My little one, now 2,has been with Rainbow since 3.5 months. It is a wonderful, very personal school where they take exceptional care. The teachers and principal are kind and supportive but firm when needed. It's a lovely environment and my little boy loves it!