Send us an e-mail
Visit our web site
||Conscious Healing Centre
19 Penguin Drive
Sandton Gautenglocation map
||Monday to Friday 8:00 - 17:00
||From Birth - All ages
ABM Neuromovement to help kids with special needs
The Anat Baniel Method℠ is a science-based, NeuroMovement® approach for waking up a child’s brain.
• We provide the brain with information and conditions to thrive and to powerfully transform limitations into new possibilities.
• Through innovative movement exercises and the ABM Nine Essentials, new neural patterns can be created accessing the power of the brain to change itself.
Who can benefit from NeuroMovement Lessons at NeuroGenesis?
Our main aim is to help children with special needs to reach their full potential. This includes:
• Cerebral Palsy
• Brain Injury
• Genetic Disorders
What services do we offer?
We use two modalities to work with people. Depending on the child’s age and condition we might use one, or both modalities of the method. The two modalities are:
Functional Synthesis (FS)
• Individual one-on-one guided movement lessons through gentle touch.
• These sessions are customised to the particular needs and skill level of each client. Clients are called students because the purpose of the sessions is to bring about transformation through experiential learning.
• FS Lessons are done with students as young as a few days old all the way to people in their 90s.
Transformational Movement Lessons (TML)
• Verbally guided movement lessons that can be done individually or in groups.
• These movement lessons focus on different functions and skills.
• The lessons focus on enhancing brain function, leading to transformational outcomes in the areas of flexibility, strength, pain relief, acquisition of new skills and improvement of existing skills.
At our centre we have a team approach and it has been found to be extremely effective. Your child will work with both ABM Practitioners and from time to time we will also have international practitioners travelling to our centre.
Through the method’s gentle movements and the ABM Nine essentials, that provide transformational help for children with Special Needs to overcome their limitations, we envisage a thriving practice offering hope to parents and opening up opportunities for children with Special Needs.
We do not focus on a child’s limitations. Rather than try to force children into developmental milestones they are not ready to do successfully, we create an environment for the brain to create new connections, creating opportunities for developing individual potential.
Terry Sundstrom and Antoinette Harvie are special needs parents who discovered ABM NeuroMovement when looking for solutions for their own children. The results were so promising that they decided to enrol in the ABM NeuroMovement Practitioner Training in the USA under the guidance of Anat Baniel herself. They completed the Basic training in 2015 and went on to complete the Children’s Mastery training in 2016.
Please say you saw this on Jozikids.
"The content of this page in so far as the marketing of goods/services is concerned, is the property of the company itself and Jozikids cannot be held responsible for the accuracy, validity or legality of the content therefore."