Diploma course for childcare workers
This course is the first in South Africa and is derived from courses for care workers in the UK. The course is SETA accredited and bears a NQF level 6.
The course for the first intake will commence on the 4th of July 2016.
Developing well-rounded & skilled care workers
The following topics will be covered in this course:
• Observing children and how to professionally note your observations
• Expected development of children both normal and with special needs
• Understanding care plans
• Understanding/ identifying and confronting abuse
• Working with Discrimination and creating an inclusive culture
• Linking behaviour with development
• Working alongside parents and agencies
• Understanding the models of disabilities
• How to look after the physical needs of clients with special needs
• Handling the emotional needs of clients
• Using play as a way of learning
• Developing an Individual Education Plan
• Working with different environments
• Handling grief and death
• Counselling skills
The following needs to be noted about the structure of the course:
• The course is comprised of 75 % practical work, we will place you in an environment that allows you to put what you have learnt into practice, and 25 % theory and instruction.
• Classes are limited to 10 per class and take place once a week (theory)
• Exams and assignments are written
• The course will take between 12 and 24 months to complete
• The course takes place at Little Gems Midrand
The following needs to be noted about the payment of the course:
• The cost of the complete course is R 24 000
• This can be paid off in 12 installments of R 2000
• The following benefits are applicable
• If your company registers 3 or more people, each participant will only pay R 1750 per month
• If 5 or more people are registered by the company then each participant pays R 1500
• Registrations before the 15th June will receive a 10 % discount
• Payments made in advance also qualify for discounts
• Assessments are conducted and moderated by SETA accredited assessors/moderators
• The course is presented by qualified and accredited educators in the field.
Currently no deals.
Currently no events.
Currently no competitions.