All areas Johannesburg NorthAll areas West Rand
Speech and drama as an extramural activity at various Studios and Pre-schools. Contact us for details.
R600 per term/10 weeks. See under deals for discount offer.
Sibling discounts available
From 3 years - All ages
Drama lessons for kids, teens and adults
Give your child a head start in life!
Let us help them develop the necessary life skills to grow into a well rounded and confident individual.
Improve confidence & creativity
- We strive to create an atmosphere of support and trust within the classroom.
- Classes are small and each student receives individual and personal attention.
- Lessons are expertly constructed and executed so students enter into the dramatic process with ease and build skills in a natural progression.
- We work with each student at their level and at their pace.
- By empowering kids we are changing lives while having fun.
International curriculum techniques include: - Acting and performance techniques
- Character development
- Movement and Physical theater
- Improvisational skills
- Play writing
- Speech - Pronunciation
- Placement of voice in the body
- Voice control – projection, pace, pause, pitch
- Breath control and posture
- Forward placement technique
Curriculum develops life skills: - Self esteem & confidence – to help students who are shy or
- Emotional Intelligence.
- Language – to develop English speaking skills & improve
communication with peers.
- Focus and listening skills
- Body and spatial awareness
- Sensory awareness
- Fine motor skills
- Critical thinking
- Group work
- Public speaking
Extra mural exams: - Trinity London
- Lamda England
National and International Competitions: - Eisteddfod all of them in all South African languages.
- South African National Championship of the Arts.
- South African Talent Championship.
- ANUA Rising Stars Talent Showcase.
One on one lessons To help prepare for:
- School exams
- Eisteddfod drama, poetry, reading.
- Trinity London exams
- Lamda England exams
Year end functions At the end of the year we stage a production for all our students to participate in; this is a fun experience which allows students the ability to perform on stage and interact with the audience.
Please abide by our review guidelines to prevent abuse in a public forum.
Provide us with valid contact information (including a contact number). If we cannot verify your details we can prevent publication of your rating/review.
Your personal details will not be displayed.
Submitted on Wednesday, 7th September 2016at 07:53:28 AM
Dyane from Drama Junxion has a passion for her drama and her drama students will go out of her way to make sure her students are ready for exams and competitions
Submitted on Tuesday, 6th September 2016at 03:51:27 PM
This morning I received the wonderful news that my boy has been accepted to study drama at the National School for the Arts. Dyane at Drama Junxion has helped him prepare for the auditions. He learned that acting was more than just learning lines, but a craft to be developed with dedication (while having fun at the same time).
I highly recommend Drama Junxion as a place for a child to develop his/her talents and passion.It is as a healthy extramural activity junction and as a skills provider to prepare the children for their dream careers.
Submitted on Tuesday, 6th September 2016at 03:16:37 PM
To Dyane Lesch, drama teacher at Drama Junxion, thank you.
This year has been the realization of a huge life dream for my 8yr old son.
You have provided opportunities and a chance for my son to live his passion.
Not only did he gain confidence in everything that he did but he excelled in all aspects
But to name a few he made it through to the National rounds of the IATS showcase taking place in October. At the Eisteddfod he achieved 94% for his monologue and 97% for Afrikaans.
He also outgrew his shyness and participated in a chess tournament where he even beat grade 7's and yet he is only in Grade 3.
Dyane has been a wonderful and fun-filled teacher.
Thank you once again Dyane - this has truly been a remarkable year for my child for which I am really grateful for.