Without music, what would life be?
Well, pretty soundless to say the least. Music brings the life to the party, the soundtrack to life. So indeed, music lessons would be a great way to incorporate music into your child’s life. Music lessons have been popular for many years and many a great musician have started their careers with music lessons. Find amazing music teachers and music lessons in various areas of Johannesburg and Gauteng.
There are many different instruments of music that a child may be interested in learning how to play. The best idea would be try a few lessons of each type of instrument so that your child can decide what they like. Try not to persuade your child into a particular music instrument, they won’t enjoy it if they don’t want to do it.
What music lessons can my child enroll for?
Keyboard and piano lessons
– kids develop fine motor skills, good posture and better from learning the piano. Once a child has the ability to concentrate for longer than 20 minutes at a time, they are said to be ready to take up piano or keyboard lessons.
Drumming & percussion
– Energetic, fun and interactive, drumming is great for all ages. Kids will enjoy learning to drum, getting a rhythm going and feeling confident making new friends. Drumming is said to reduce stress as well. Get ready for some drumming around the house with drumming lessons!
– Kids can learn to play the guitar
from as young as 7 years old. They will need to have sufficient fine motor skills to begin with and will develop as they go along. Guitar lessons teach kids about perseverance and patience and the rewards are lifelong. Think Justin Timberlake!
Cello or violin?
The violin and cello are two of the most well-known and commonly studied instruments in the string family. While the violin is more portable and therefore easier to carry, the cello may sound better to most people. Violin can also be more competitive because so many people play it which makes the cello players less popular but more in demand. Find cello or violin lessons
on our directory
– these include the flute, clarinet, saxophone and more. These are great for extrovert kids as they are usually played alone or for a part in an orchestra.
– Learning how to control your voice, project your voice and hold notes is part of what singing lessons are about. Singing lessons
take dedication, as do all the music lessons mentioned.
- Mainly offered to preschoolers and as parent/child classes, these are fun, stimulating classes for little kids. They enjoy movement or physical activity while listening to music.
What do I need to consider before enrolling for music lessons?
As with most extra murals, you would need to consider the costs of the instrument your child is interested in playing. Is it something that is once off or would you need to replace the instrument often? Are there exams involved and would these mean extra costs for the exam? These are some things you need to enquire about before signing up.
Kids who enjoy music lessons and playing instruments will thrive. You will find music lessons at a suburb near you by clicking on the search button above and scrolling through the list of suburbs. We have also categorised the different types of music lessons into sections so that you may click on the area of music that interests you or your child and find music schools suitable to your needs. Good luck!