Cheerleading for kids & adults in Gauteng
Cheerleading as an extra mural? Oh yes and what fun it is! Cheerleading is an energetic and enjoyable way to keep kids moving and get them fit. You’ll find gyms in Gauteng that offer cheerleading classes for all ages.
Cheerleading classes for all ages
Cheerleading involves controlled movements and fitness training which requires use of many muscles in the body. Competitive routines typically range anywhere from one to three minutes, and contain components of tumbling, dance, jumps, cheers, and stunting.
Competitive cheerleading is a developing sport in SA, for both girls & boys of all ages
- Kids learn the value of discipline, commitment and work ethic.
- Kids become stronger through regular working out, which assists in the development of muscles, better balance, and great posture.
- Children become more agile, flexible, toned and fit with regular cheerleading training.
- Kids develop good social skills from interacting with other children and their coaches.
- Cheerleading helps to improve self-confidence.
- Strengthens communication and leadership skills.
Cheerleading athletes in competitions are judged on the pyramids, tumbling, stunts, and basket tosses that they perform. Routines are 2 minutes 30 seconds and are choreographed by the coaches to maximise the score sheet as well as excite and entertain the crowd. Athletes are placed according to their skill level and possibly their ages. Evaluations or competitions may be informal so as to include an element of fun for all so that athletes perform at their best.
Begin your search
Remember to enquire about fees and possible competition fees for the year. Also enquire about costumes or leotards and the costs thereof so you know what you’re in for. Scroll through the list below to see what each company offers. You will get all their contact details by clicking on the blue name of the company or recreation centre.