See upcoming events below for dates and details
The Zoo is 54 hectares in size, with 2070 animals, 380 species. The most popular animals are the lions, tigers, naughty apes, slithering snakes and majestic elephants.
Day trip, kids party venue, school tours and more
* Day and night tours
* Birthday party packages
* School tours, talks and animal demonstrations* Discovery Centre displaying the animal
body-covering theme with more than 30 animal skins to touch – available every morning of the week at no additional charge.
* Venues to hire: Old Elephant house, Anglo Gold Lion enclosure, Ape House Deck and open lawn
* Zoo Buggies to rent on weekdays and weekends (On weekends Zoo drivers are compulsory)
* Zoo Ferry transport system on weekends and public holidays
* The Zoo is accessible for physically disabled groups
* Café Fino restaurant for light meals and delicious coffee
Zoo trots: experience animals waking up
A Walk/Run event promoting a healthy lifestyle within the Zoo’s environment
Time: 7-10am; every 2nd Sunday. (OPEN ON ALL PUBLIC HOLIDAYS)
for holiday programmes and more Jhb Zoo events.
See the Big 5 at the Joburg Zoo
The phrase "Big 5" conjures visions of steamy jungles, rolling savannahs and big-game hunters stalking Africa's most feared animals; fittingly so as it was the game hunters who coined the phrase to describe the creatures - lion, leopard, rhino, African elephant and African buffalo - they found most dangerous to hunt.
Now, the Johannesburg Zoo invites visitors to see these creatures close to home.
Visit Johannesburg website www.jhbzoo.org for more information.