Bush Babies Monkey Sanctuary
Guided tours, walk through natural indigenous forests on elevated wooden walkways and experience a variety of exotic monkeys in an exquisite natural environment. Our mission is to take in rescued primates that have been kept as pets and then to relocate them to an environment that is natural to them and where they can lead normal, happy, and productive lives. Bush Babies Monkey Sanctuary is one of several wildlife sanctuaries in our group catering for orphaned and abused wild animals. Situated at Hartbeespoort Dam and adjacent to The Elephant Sanctuary on the R511, it was only recently opened to the public but already offers a new home to nearly 90 rescued primates.
All tours are structured and guided. Our tours are excellent for family, corporate and educational outings. We are just 1 hour away from Johannesburg or Pretoria and open 7 days a week.
Tours are on the hour, every hour from 09:00 - 16:00 and lasts 1 to 1.5 hours.
* We have a Coffee Bar and Curio Shop.
Tours are charged as follows:
* R195 per adult
* R175 pensioners
* R95 per child 3-14yrs
* Under 3yrs free
* Primary School Children: R70 p/child,
* High School Children: R80 p/child,
* Teachers: R90 p/teacher
* Accompanying Adults: R100 p/person
When you come don't forget to...
1. Wear comfortable clothing
2. Wear flat shoes such as hiking boots or takkies (sneakers)
3. Bring a camera
4. Bring binoculars
5. Bring a note book
6. Primate literature
7. Sun block, particularly in summer
8. Insect repellent particularly for early summer morning tours