The Elephant Sanctuary Hartbeespoort
||Dave or Renche
Tel: 012 258 9908
Cell: 078 903 5309
Send us an e-mail
Visit our web site
||Portion 196 of 108 on Farm of Zandfontein
R512 Old Rustenburg Rd
Hartbeespoort North West Province
view google map
||Open throughout the year including ALL PUBLIC HOLIDAYS
Elephant Sanctuary Hartbeespoort
A unique getaway for those looking for something distinctly different. Nestled in the Magaliesberg mountains, Hartbeespoort area,just 1 hour from Johannesburg and Pretoria. We offer our guests exhilarating elephant driven programs, where the most important part of our operation is happy elephants and satisfied guests. Our programs offer one of a kind elephant interaction and are unique to The Elephant Sanctuary. Three tours per day or stay over in one of our two lodges and enjoy true african hospitality.
Schools are welcome at a special rate - minimum 20 children per group and 1 teacher per 10 children. Conference facility and teambuilding for corporates available.
Elephant educational programmes
* Overnight lodge experience: 4pm to 10am the next morning
* Brushing & Grooming (1.5 hrs): from 8am
* Small group guide through the Elephant Sanctuary (2hrs): 10am with the option of lunch
* Small group guide through the Elephant Sanctuary (2hrs): 2pm
Elephant back riding is given as an additional to the above programmes starting at 2pm till 9pm; with dinner.
Schools programmes are held at 10am and again at 2pm; while Corporates programmes have the option of a day package or 24hr package.
Guests are guided in small groups on foot through The Elephant Sanctuary. Guides will provide in-depth information and insight into African elephants. You will be introduced to our elephants in the forest area, where you will be able to touch & interact with them. You will see the special relationship that the elephant handlers share with their elephants & become a part of it. Short walks with the elephants trunk-in-hand. Guests learn about their anatomy and feed them. On some hot days you may even see the elephants swimming. Remember to wear flat walking shoes, sun hats and bring your camera.
Elephant Sanctuary Guest Lodge
Program runs from 4pm to 10qm the next day. Includes accommodation, dinner, breakfast, teas, coffee and a full interactive elephant experience. Guests learn about their anatomy ,feed them, form relationships and bonds with the elephant
* 4pm Arrival: Welcome drinks- Chill out observing eles from main deck or have a swim in lodge pool
* 5pm: See eles stabled for the night, mountain deck for sundowners, 4 course dinner, relax in boma around log fire.
* 7am the next morning: Be ready on deck for morning brushdowns of the elephants, walking trunk-in-hand with them, and interact with the eles in the forest area. Breakfast is usually served after brushdowns and walk.
* 10am Program ends: Rooms to be vacated by 10.30am please.
10am Elephant Program...
* Adults R555-00
* Children 4-14 years R270-00
Lunch optional extra (for guests participating on the program)
14h00 Elephant Program...
* Adults R650-00
* Children 4-14 years R270-00
Optional Elephant Riding Program...
* Adults R465.00
* Children 8-14 years R275.00 (children must be 8yrs+)
Tuskers Bed and Breakfast
* Rates from R1095.00 single supplement to R850-00 p/p p/n sharing
* Children 4-14 years R495-00.
* Children under 3-free
* Primary School R80
* High School R90
* Teachers R100
Corporates: Please contact reservations for prices
Our Elephant Experience and venue is suitable for...
* Family Outings
* Special Occasions
* School Groups
* Local & International Visitors
* Corporate Functions:
* Year End, Conference, Team building
Contact reservations for rates. Booking essential on all programs. Visit Elephant Sanctuary, Plettenbergbay(044)534-8145 and Hazyview (013)737-6609 when in the area.
Please say you saw this on Jozikids. Tell
with a friend.