Mother and child workshops
TOPTOTS was started at the end of 1994, in response to a need felt for parents to be able to meet other parents, and learn how to have quality interaction with their children.
* To find the special gifts in each child, to set them on the road to success with love.
* To enrich the lives of children, to give them a head start in life and help them reach their full potential.
* To honour the work that parents do with their children. We believe that being with your children, and being involved in their lives with love, is the single most important thing that you will ever do with your life. We hope to help grownups understand their children better, and to promote the bond of love between parents (or caregivers) and children.
Benefits of Toptops
Over the four years spent at TOPTOTS, your child will have been exposed to activities to strengthen and develop the following areas:
* Gross Motor
* Fine Motor
* Music appreciation
* Emotional Development
* Social development
* Coordination and many more
What happens at a Toptots class
* Free play - Social interaction
* Clean up - This encourages children to become responsible for cleaning up their own toys.
* Greeting song – This greeting signals the start of the actual group.
* Stimulation - Individual boxes are packed for each age group.
* Parachute – This is specifically a sensory exercise and will benefit all the TOPTOTS.
* Interactive Music Story - Three levels of participation: intellectually, emotionally and physically
* Creative - Art is child centred and can be messy.
* Textures – We offer a variety of tactile experiences for all age groups.
* Gross Motor – A varied programme that stimulates large muscle development and motor planning.
* Tea -Social interaction for mom.
* Music Time – Chaotic expression. Action and instrumental songs with quality instrument.
* Pilates for baby - Ball activities are excellent for working on balance, joint compression, weight bearing, gravitational security and stimulation of the vestibular system, awareness of body in space and body position, and development of the large muscles.
* Action Song – TOPTOTS are encouraged to do actions to music. Repetition is key.
* TOPTOTS I Love you- cuddle song for mom, to say thank you for the time spent playing and learning.
* Goodbye time - Our own special Toptots goodbye. This signals the end of the group.
* Each TOPTOT receives a sticker at the end of group.
Branches in Gauteng
Alberton - Lara (082 330 firstname.lastname@example.org)
Benoni - Lindi (083 345 9157/071 470 email@example.com)
Bryanston - Koren (082 459 firstname.lastname@example.org)
Edenvale - Nicole (082 308 0082/011 609 email@example.com)
Faerieglen Pretoria - Hannelie (082 906 firstname.lastname@example.org)
Fourways - Michelle / Koren (072 137 1791 email@example.com)
Glanvista / Mondeor - Yvette (083 459 5673/011 433 firstname.lastname@example.org)
Lenasia - Amina (082 417 5695/011 854 email@example.com)
Midrand - Rakhi (083 654 firstname.lastname@example.org)
Modderfontein - Carol (083 470 email@example.com)
Randparkridge - Lydia (079 980 7870/011 476 firstname.lastname@example.org)
Sandton - Laurie-Ann (071 362 6796/Laurieann@toptots.co.za)
Vaal - Nabila ( 081 048 email@example.com)
Classes run once a week for 1 and a half hours at a time. Saturday classes are also available at selected branches.