Small World Playgroup
Our approach to childhood development
The world-renowned Reggio Approach to early child education puts the child at the centre of her own learning. This fully-registered playgroup has become a beacon school for this Reggio Approach.
We believe that:
• the child is naturally curious and highly capable,
• each child is unique and we celebrate that individuality.
We have been operating for 6 years from a cottage and garden in Roosevelt Park which is only 5 minutes away from Greenside, Linden, Parkview, Emmarentia, Melville, and Victory Park, though people come from far and wide to be a part of this inspiring learning community.
Lindi Bell is a born teacher with 20 years of teaching experience and 12 years of ‘mommying experience’. She has won many awards for her work with children.
We offer your children:
• Reggio-inspired playgroup
• secure homely environment
• lots of individual attention
• lots of time for inquiry-based learning
• we nurture creativity and respect the power and pace of the child's mind
• an excellent teacher/child ratio of 1:5
• all staff are First Aid qualified
• 6 qualified teachers with 6 highly experienced assistants
• an innovative play-based playschool alive with children’s voices
Fun-filled activities for the kids
• art-making throughout the day in our atelier with our artist-in-residence on hand to facilitate
• fairy-spotting, mud-pie making & organic vegetable gardening in our beautiful garden
• weekly activities include Music, Drama, Dancing, Story-telling, Games, Baking, and a Puppet show
• outside activities involve Jungle gyms, bike track, sandpit, fairy forest, swings, water play, forts, nature walks, mudpie kitchen, sound garden...
Fees and days on offer
• Mondays – Fridays (5 days a week) from 7:30am-12:15pm
• 3 or 4 day week is also offered
• Aftercare till 4pm offrered daily
• Fees include a daily snack (Low GL, balanced, slow food) and all group activities